Marketslant.com- 9540733 Canada Inc.
January 14, 2016
- Free content including articles, blogs and forums, emails, podcasts, webinars and conference calls written by our contributors and columnists, (the "Free Service"), and free content written or provided by third parties which may include, without limitation, text, data, graphics, photographs, videos, or downloadable code or programs ("Third-Party Content"); and
- Premium content including blogs and forums written by our contributors and columnists, Third-Party Content, emails, podcasts, webinars and conference calls written by our contributors and columnists, Third-Party Content and User-Generated Content for which You must pay a subscription fee (or in some cases a one-time fee) to access (the "Premium Service"). The Premium Service and the Free Service are collectively referred to herein as the "Services". You also understand and agree that the Services may include certain communications from the Company, such as service announcements and administrative messages that You may not be able to opt out of receiving.
- You may not transfer to or resell Your use of or access to the Services to any third party;
- You are responsible for all activities that occur under Your account;
- A maximum of five simultaneous log-ins are allowed per account. This simultaneous login limit applies to the total number of logins at any given time regardless of device type (i.e., computers, tablets, mobile devices, etc.);
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your user name, member name and password; and
You agree to notify us if You become aware of any possible unauthorized use(s) of Your account or any possible breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of Your user name, member name or password. Contact details for our Customer Service center may be found in the footer of our website.
6. Subscription, Renewal and Cancellation6.1. The subscription processThe Company offers subscriptions to the Services. The Company reserves the right to vary the Services that it provides to Subscribers at any time.The Company agrees to process your Subscription promptly but does not guarantee that your Subscription will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a Subscription. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment and contact details, at which point we will provide you with access to the Subscription. You will receive written confirmation when your Subscription offer has been accepted (beginning the fulfilment of a Subscription does not signify acceptance).The Company reserves the right to cancel any order at any time by contacting You and refunding You in full. If your credit card is debited and we ultimately refuse your order, the Company will refund you any amount debited.The Site is currently enabled only to accept orders in English.
6.2. Payment and pricing The price to be paid for the Premium Service will be made clear to you on the Premium Service order pages, or otherwise during the order process, and may vary from time to time. It is however possible, despite our efforts, that the Premium Service could be incorrectly priced. You agree to pay the correct rates at the time you purchase the Premium Service. We will inform you in advance of any increase in the price of your Subscription and offer you an opportunity to cancel it if you do not wish to pay the new price. You will be responsible for paying any sales taxes or customs duties that apply.When you purchase the Premium Service, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details you confirm that you are entitled to use those payment details for this purpose. If we do not receive payment authorization, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to the Premium Service. If your access to the Premium Service is terminated by the Company, you will be entitled to receive a refund of any amounts which remain unused at the time of termination unless such access is terminated because you are in breach of these Terms (as determined solely by the Company). You will continue to be responsible for any fees or other charges you have incurred prior to such termination. You are also responsible for the payment of fees or charges that may be charged by your bank or credit card provider. If you are entitled to a refund under these Terms, refunds can only be made to the credit card that was used for the original purchase, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you. Upon the commencement of Your initial subscription (which occurs at the expiration of Your free trial, or if You are not receiving a free trial, upon Your registration for a subscription) Your credit card will be billed the applicable subscription fee and Your paid subscription will commence.Contact details for our Customer Service center may be found in the footer of our website. All promotional offers are limited to one redemption per customer unless expressly stated.
6.3. CancellationYOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS CLOSELY BEFORE YOU SUBSCRIBE FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE.Unless specifically stated, you have the right to cancel your Subscription at any time. If you exercise your right to cancel, unless the terms of any Subscription offer or promotion state otherwise, we will reimburse all payments received from you, less a pro-rated amount for each day of Subscription used before you cancelled. During the free-trial portion of Your subscription, if any, You may cancel at any time and not be billed.You can cancel your Subscription online or email our Customer Service center. Contact details for our Customer Service center may be found in the footer of our website.
6.4. Renewal YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS CLOSELY BEFORE YOU SUBSCRIBE FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE.
Unless specifically stated when you order your Subscription, you agree that your Subscription will continue for the period referenced at the time of order, at the end of the initial subscription period (and of each renewal period thereafter), renew for the same subscription period (the “Term”) at the renewal rate agreed at the point of order. You may cancel your Subscription at any time as set out above.If You do not notify us as described above, the then-applicable monthly, periodic or annual fee for Your subscription will be billed automatically to the credit card account You designated during the registration process (or subsequently changed).In connection with recurring billing for subscription renewals, You authorize The Company to bill Your credit card account number, regardless of whether the other information associated with Your subscription has changed, including but not limited to the expiration date of the physical card with which You subscribed. We may receive updated information about Your account from the financial institution issuing Your credit card. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with Your username, member name and password (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. You agree to pay all amounts due upon our demand.
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any User Generated Content containing material that is obscene, racist, homophobic or sexist or that contains any form of hate speech;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any User Generated Content that infringes copyright;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any User Generated Content that is illegal, libelous, defamatory or may prejudice ongoing legal proceedings or breach a court injunction or other order;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any User Generated Content that is abusive, threatening or make any form of personal attack on another user or an employee of The Company;
- Post User Generated Content in any language other than English;
- Post the same User Generated Content, or a very similar User Generated Content, repeatedly;
- Post or otherwise publish any User Generated Content unrelated to the Websites and the Services;
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any User Generated Content containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain User Generated Content or "spam";
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any User Generated Content with recommendations to buy or refrain from buying a particular security or which contain confidential information of another party or which otherwise have the purpose of affecting the price or value of any security;
- Disguise the origin of any User Generated Content;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including the Company employees or contributors or columnists) or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity;
- Post or transmit any User Generated Content that contains software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Site or any computer software or equipment, or any other harmful component;
- Collect or store other users' personal data; and/or
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using the Websites or the Services, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of any of our websites;
- Use the Websites or the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Websites or the Services
- "Frame" or "mirror" any content available through the Websites or the Services without our prior written authorization;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to download, retrieve, index, "data mine", or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the content available through the Websites or the Services; or
- Harvest or collect information about users of the Websites or the Services without their express consent.
You also agree that at all times You will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with Your use of the Websites and the Services and the content made available therein;
- Be responsible for all statements made and acts or omissions that occur on Your user account while Your password is being used;
- Waive any and all rights against the Company and hold the Company harmless in connection with any claims relating to any action taken by the Company as part of its investigation of a suspected violation or result of its conclusion that a violation of the term of use has occurred, including but not limited to the removal of posts or a suspension or termination of Your membership account; or
- Maintain and promptly update Your registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Company has no control over individuals posting User Generated Content on any of the Websites or the Services. The Company cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any User Generated Content. Some users may breach these terms and post User Generated Content that is misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Websites and the Services and should not rely on the Websites and the Services when you make (or refrain from making) any specific investment or other decision. It is not possible for the Company to fully and effectively monitor infringement of third-party rights in User Generated Content. If you believe that any content infringes your legal rights, you should notify the Company immediately by emailing our customer service center at firstname.lastname@example.org. Repeated misuse of this reporting function will result in your access to the Websites and Services being terminated. By submitting User Generated Content to the Websites and the Services you are granting the Company a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the User Generated Content in whole or in part, and in any form. This may include personal information such as your user or pen name and your expressions of opinion. You waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the User Generated Content that you submit.