Trump Presser Analysis.-Soren K.
-He destroyed the MSM in the public's eyes.
- the press doesn't even grasp it.
- Trumps written words look irrational, but spoken they just galvanized his base.
- Trump has found his enemy. Like Reagan with communism, Trump is on a crusade against the press.
We had 3 feeds during the Presser
1-One was our Twitter based list of journalists and left biased people.
2-Second was a list of conservative twitter users we follow.
3-The other was info from a local bar. No, really.
And the divergent reactions was stunning.
These Sums it Up Best:
This is the most amazing presidential press conference I've ever seen.
— Binyamin Appelbaum (@BCAppelbaum) February 16, 2017
Attached is a text from a guy in a gym who describes the people watching as laughing at the press.
Overall, it was surreal watching opposite reactions to sane statements.
From a buddy of mine out west. pic.twitter.com/Ru53cFkloh
— Matt K. Lewis (@mattklewis) February 16, 2017
Full Conference Here
Gold Holds its Gains
The Vix Spikes
Trump Presser: Quotes and comments. Some repetition due to real time transcribing. Concurrent headlines included.
· TRUMP: TAX REFORM WILL HAPPEN PRETTY QUICKLY
· TRUMP: SAYS PEOPLE WOULD CHEER HIM BLOWING UP RUSSIA SHIP
· ALEXANDER ACOSTA IS TRUMP'S LABOR SECRETARY PICK: NBC
· MAY TO INVOKE ART. 50 AS CLOSE TO SUMMIT AS POSSIBLE: OFFICIALS
· Senate confirms Mulvaney to be Trump’s budget chief
· "We had a very smooth roll out of the travel ban"
· Trump's defense chief sees no military collaboration with Russia
· "I don't have to tell you what I'm going to do with North Korea."
· Trump says he is not aware of anyone in his campaign making phone calls to Russian officials ahead of election
· "I am the least anti-semitic person you have ever seen in your entire life"
· trump says he is the least racist, least anti-semitic president
· President Nixon had been an honorary member of the NAACP since 1946.- (comment)
· Trump: “The greatest thing I could do is shoot that ship that’s 30 miles off shore right out of the water.”
· Journalists considering becoming Uber drivers after this latest presser.- lol
· "I love kids."
· The best kids, not all of them, but some of them. I love these kids.- (no he did not really say that.)
· Melania: - "fantastic" first lady - "tremendous" for women Ivanka: - "fabulous" woman Barron: - finishing school
· "This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine."
Governing through Populism
Here is Zerohedge's accurate synopsis of the salient highlight. That being Trump finding his enemy, much like Reagan did. Trump has declared war on the press in an evangelical fashion much like Reagan did to communism. And he is appealing directly to the public. He is actually trying to govern via populism. And he can do it if today was any indication.
Next, he must watch for enemy alignment. The Intelligence Community, Elite Dems, Press, and Neocons already want a piece of him. Now he may have to patch up some things with Wall Street. If the stock market swoons and they don't lend their "support", Trump is in big trouble.
Next we hope to carve out some highlights of the conference and present them in video clip form.